Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Family loves this time of year when we get to pick out our TREE! One of the benefits of living in the Northwest is that you can cut down your own Noble Fir and an 8 ft. tree only costs $30-. We got a very beautiful 71/2 ft. tree. It was the first one that Daddy saw. Oh Tanner's pick was a 9-12 tree and was Gynormous. That is Tanner for you.
It was a little bright. Sorry kids and George. This is our Tree!
Incase you are wondering why Curious George is in the picture. He is a class roaming project. Each of the kids in tanner's class get to take him home for the evening or weekend. It seems as though Tanner always gets him over the longggggggggggg weekends. They can read stories to George and all other fun stuff. But the project it to write in his journal and draw a picture of something he did with the student. Geogre went to cut down a tree. YIPEE!

Just a little instruction on how to saw down a tree and they will soon be doing it all on their own.


Tanner was eager to help with carrying the Tree this year. So daddy let him give it a try. Tanner says last night on the max train I'm a big boy now mom I can do that. So Since Tanner is such a big boy he did carry the tree up the hill and all the way to the car with Daddy. All the pictures with show you below.
What a moment. He was so very proud of him self. Although He kept saying Are we there yet.
Almost just a few steps and you can rest. Then a few more to the car. Great job buddy.
I couldn't believe my eyes. When I came around from the back of the car there was Tanner and Renee on top of the car. They figured that they wanted in all the action. Helping daddy is ever so much fun. Thank you kids the job is all yours. It is great that they love to do these things. I was able to just sit back and enjoy.
Check her out. All Renee kept saying was "what next Daddy"? Renee put the bungy cord in all by her self. Way to go little Princess!
I was so proud that of my kids and all of their help.
Renee and Cozy
We went to the Festival of Trees and Renee Doctored up her "Cozy" Bear.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love the pictures. The kids are so cute with all their help.

Arritt said...

They are such good kids! What fun holiday memories for your fam!

lady said...

You look soooo good!!! and boy, I know it's been a while since I last saw you but---wow look at all those gray hairs on Jeramies head! Someones not getting any younger! The kids look cute and looks like such a fun time!

Wendy said...

That makes me miss Oregon soooo much. Can you believe I actually bought a fake tree this year?!! I miss searching for the perfect tree and cutting it down and hauling it home. I am sooo missing the smell of a fresh cut tree. Ugh, now I am sad! Great pictures though!